Search This Blog

Saturday 2 May 2020

Preparing for Infamy Infamy

I'm quite excited  by the pending release of 'Infamy, Infamy', the ancients rules from Too Fat Lardies and am busy sorting through my old WAB Caesarian Roman models to repurpose them for these rules. The first job was to rebase some 'big men' - Centurions, Optios, higher-ranking officers and allied leaders. The Centurions and Optios are on 30mm rounds and the higher-ranking chaps are on 40mm. No idea yet how many I'll need, so I've just done Centurions and Optios for each set of shield designs I have in the collection.

I still need to do a Gallic cavalry leader, so have bought a sprue of Victrix models.

My army was originally based on the army that Sulla took into Greece to take on Mithridates of Pontus (you know how I loved to theme my WAB forces) so I'm trying to use it as-is without buying loads of new minis as, due to lack of work, I'm not blessed with spare cash these days.

Here's what I have done so far to rebase the leaders: These first two are an Aventine Etruscan Centurion and a converted Foundry Caesarian Roman Optio (like all the Optios, converted with a couple of feathers that broke off some A&A Samnites I'd stored carelessly!)
 This next pair are both Foundry models...
 ...as are these.
 This chap will lead my allied Chaironean Thureophoroi (proxy Spanish Caetrati, as there's no options for allied Greeks as far as I know...)
 This fella below is an old GW Dogs of War character with his helmet crest re-positioned and with a Victrix Republican Roman shield.
 The mounted fella is an A&A Carthaginian General.

No comments: