Search This Blog

Thursday 30 April 2020

Mythic Greeks for Dragon Rampant pt 1 Crocodile Games' Helen of Troy

A bit of  change of theme today. Here is the first model in my Mythic Greek force. This is the Kickstarter exclusive Helen of Troy model from Crocodile Games, for their Wargods of Olympus range. My whole force will be built from their Athenians that I bought in the Kickstarter. 
This model will be part of a Heavy Foot unit with one of the magic-user options. I'm currently painting the Oracle model to go with Helen and have 6 Hoplites undercoated ready to join her. 
This model was a real test of my technique (mid-tone base coats over a light undercoat, Army painter Strong Tone dip, Dullcote, highlight with original mid-tone and light tones) as it's difficult getting female flesh right without extensive blending, which I don't do. Still, I'm pleased with how she turned out... The close-ups don't really do her face justice - she looks far more beautiful when the camera isn't on macro setting!! 








No comments: