Search This Blog

Saturday 29 January 2022

Handgunners for the club's Wars of the Roses campaign

 Well, Covid has kicked our arses here at Geetarhero Towers, with the boy being on day 6 and still testing positive and me being on day 3 and feeling like utter crap - proper 'man-flu' symptoms. 

Still, thanks to a new Netflix subscription, we are binge watching Cobra-Kai and I am still being quite productive on the modelling and painting front. I've completed 6 hand gunners for Sir Bernard De Liasmith's retinue (Bidowers under the Lion Rampant rules) which, when added to the foot Men-at-Arms on the previous post gives me 8 out of the 30 points I need for my battle retinue (I still haven't finally decided what the extra 10 points are going to be for the full 40pt retinue I have to submit...

I was gonna do these in my usual dip and highlight style, but my can of dip has gone off and truth to tell I didn't wanna waste two days waiting for dip to dry, so completed the painting of these 6 chaps in quick time given that I was triple highlighting on a white undercoat, using brown ink wash to conceal any errors in the deepest recesses. The painting is certainly neat enough at table-top distance. 

Once again, these are Perry plastics. 

I've built my billmen, cavalry and one unit of archers too, so I think I'm gonna build the second unit of bow then start painting the billmen in between the sneezing and coughing fits. Thank God for the vaccine - how sick might I have been if I'd not had that??!!





No comments: