Search This Blog

Friday 13 December 2019

Silmarillion Action Shots...

I decided to get all my Middle Earth models out for a photoshoot - some action shots with all my available light sources and a bit of scenery. I'm pleased with how these turned out. The lighting gives you a better idea of the actual colours than my recent pictures of the Elves on a white background. 
The army of Angband is 70% bought off EBAY ready part-painted - I went for models that had been base coated neatly and ink-washed, perhaps with minimal dry brushing or highlights. All I've done is tidy up the highlights and repaint some of the cloth as most people seem to use a bright red that I really hate on Orcs in large numbers... And I based them of course. 

Glaurung, the troll, 12 Orcs, the Orc commander and the werewolf (weird Warhammer bits conversion) all painted from scratch by me. The rest courtesy of EBAY.






















No comments: