Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 May 2022

Oldhammer Elf Cavalry

 It's only taken me 5 years to finish this unit of old 1980s Elven cavalry for Warhammer. Well, I say Warhammer but realistically they'll mainly play Dragon Rampant and gaming buddy James Morris's rather excellent upcoming heroic massed battle ruleset 'Midgard' for which I am a playtester. The unit is pictured here on its Midgard base (the shots of the unit in 2 ranks on its movement tray)

I love these models - the best Elves GW ever made. I am in the midst of repurposing my old High Elf infantry into the green/ochre/terracotta scheme you can see here in order to make myself a decent sized Midgard Elf force. Much of that is done and I just need to do the trays. Then it's looking at the lead pile to see what else I can do for the army - I have a bunch more archers, some war dancers and some Dryads that could potentially be cool. 

But for now, the cavalry...












No comments: