Search This Blog

Thursday 10 February 2022

First Unit of Bowmen for the club Wars of the Roses Campaign

I'm really hitting my stride on this army now and have managed to get my first unit of longbow men painted. They are Expert Archers under the rules, although I can't help but feel the Lion Rampant definition of these doesn't quite fit with the Wars of the Roses. The archery duel definitely didn't win battles in he way it was instrumental in some 100 Years War battles and I wonder whether the 'Expert' trait would be best adding +1 to their attack skills, as some articles I have read recently suggest that the bowmen would be piling in to the melee with hammers, mallets, daggers etc with as much ferocity as the bellmen and men-at-arms... Still, I'm no expert on this period so maybe I'm wrong on that...Anyway, more Perry plastics painted as per the rest of the army with the usual hand drawn and hand painted banner.

Probably gonna do the light cavalry next. I've not painted horses for ages so this could be interesting! 

















No comments: