Search This Blog

Wednesday 22 January 2020

Elf Captain Conversion

Ok, so you may remember the drawing I posted a few weeks ago? Well, I created a figure to match it as closely as possible. He'll be a captain in my Sindar army. On looking at the photos and the model again, I think I may add some long hair to smooth out the join between the GW Galadhrim head and the metal Oathmark body. I am very pleased with the shoulder armour and long tunic I sculpted with Greenstuff. My friend Grahame at Peterborough War-games Club gave me a huge bag of plastic cloaks in which this particular one was lurking.
The base model is the metal Oathmark Elf captain that was given away with the initial North Star preorders for the Elf infantry set. The shield is from the Victrix Anglo-Dane Huscarl set.
Anyway, a few pics for you, plus a reminder of my artwork in case you missed it so you can see how close I got with this model... He'll go on a base with a banner bearer which I'll make from the Anglo-Dane command sprue when it arrives...






No comments: