Search This Blog

Saturday 28 July 2012

Dux Bellorum has arrived!!! Dux Britanniarum on the way soon!!

Got my advance copy of Dan Mersey's new Arthurian rules today via Osprey. Bloody good book that combines rules, army lists and scenarios in one compact package. Great pics also from various related Osprey titles, plus two pics from my Arthurian armies and loads from James Morris' collection. Just need to order some bases now to create the 'element' style units the rules need (assuming I can find an opponent at the wargames club!).



I'll post a bit of a review once I have actually read and digested the rules a bit. All I will say at the moment is that they are an element based mass battle game that are a zillion miles away from my usual wargaming fare of WAB and skirmishy stuff... But that can only be a good thing!!

In other news, my movement bases arrived today for the Too Fat Lardies 'Dux Britanniarum' Arthurian skirmish rules. The actual rules are released on Monday and Mike 'Trouble at t' Mill' Whitaker (one 't' dontcha know...I spelled it wrong on my last post...sorry Mike...!!) and I are VERY much looking forward to this one, as it's got rules and campaign system all in one handy package!!! And it looks like it really ROCKS as a game too! Very nice! Check out the Lardies' blog http://toofatlardies.co.uk/blog/ for more info/battle reports, etc...



Pics of my Romano British army plus back-story once the bases are done and the book has arrived so I can choose which kingdom I am representing...

Mike and I are planning our first foray into these rules on August 6th...there will be a report and pics!!!

3 comments:

Dalauppror said...

Lucky You Andy:)

Looking forward to read your review of the rules!

Best regards Michael

Matt said...

Andy,

I've ordered the TFL rules too!
Really looking forward to some skirmish fun in the Arthurian age.

Please do post your thoughts and battle reports as it will be a few weeks before I can get enough figures ready. Currently plouging through batches of Early Saxons.

Regards

Matt

Doc Wilson said...

Good to see you back at it. It has been along time.