Search This Blog

Friday 31 August 2007

There's always something...

...that gets in the way of painting!!

Ok, so I got back from the honeymoon and there was all the gardening to do...then it was back to work and catching up on all the crap that accumulated while I was sunning myself in Turkey.

Now, I find myself talked into doing a Thin Lizzy tribute gig in October with a local band who are one guitarist down. They did it last year as a three-piece after their second guitarist acted like a right royal tosser and was sacked... They did a great job as a three-piece, but as any of you out there into Lizzy will know, one guitar just don't cut it...so I've stepped in for this year's show. This means learning 45 mins worth of stuff from scratch (except for 'Jailbreak' which I used to play in my last three bands...) VERY quickly!!!!

Anyway, fortunately, I've now learned all bar one track and we've had the first two rehearsals. It's going well...REALLY well and is great fun! ('Emerald' is a particularly good track, with its 'raiding and slaughtering' theme in the lyrics - a real wargamers' tune!!) One more track to learn and I can get the paintbrush out again. Sadly, that track is 'Black Rose' an absolute monster of a tune with some hideously complex lead guitar to unpick... Still, I have to have it nailed for rehearsal next Wednesday, so after THAT, I can pick up the brush again.

Apologies to those awaiting Roman pics and mega apologies to Tony whose Saxons still haven't seen a lot of paint...Priority job, after next week's rehearsal mate, I promise!!!!

Anyone going to Partizan on Sunday? I hope to be there myself...

3 comments:

The Leveller said...

does ur amp go up to 11?

GuitarheroAndy said...

Only if I write the number 11 on it in biro!!!!!

Bill T said...

That should do it! :o)