Search This Blog

Friday 6 December 2019

Silmarillion Command Base - Elven Lord and Banner

...And we return to Beleriand, where recruitment continues...
May I present to you the Elf commander with his banner bearer? I realise that elements of this banner may point to Gil Galad (the stars) but this chap is intended to be an unnamed Elven lord who can see service in any of the wars of Beleriand or even the War of Sauron & The Elves or the Last Alliance (as I see fit.) 
Before anyone says anything, I am very aware that the sword and sword-hand are too big. I chopped off the ridiculous glaive and then went hunting for a plastic replacement as per my Elf swordsmen. However, none of my Numenorian or Gondor swords fit the bill so it had to be an Oathmark one and this one had the best angle for the arm position. It's less of an issue when viewed from a gaming angle at table-top distance than it is in the close-up photos. 
I'm pleased with the freehand on the Lord's shoulder-piece and the banner benefited from the extra yellow tails I added this week.







No comments: