Search This Blog

Saturday 25 November 2017

The Perils of The Interweb...

I am not a member of TMP but I occasionally drop by and peruse. Today I was perusing the Wild West board there and noticed with interest that my Airfix 54mm 7th Cavalry posted here earlier in the year had appeared on TMP, posted by someone called Tango01. To be fair, he did post a link to my blog after the pictures but nothing else to actually indicate that they are mine. He even responded to the nice comments they received with 'Glad you like them!' A little naughty really...

I believe I'm not the first person he's done this to...

Oh well, I suppose that's the internet for you...

However, Tango01, if you're reading this (and clearly you must visit occasionally), do be a good fellow and write something like 'Found these pretty pics on Andy's blog...' before you post any more of my pics, there's a good chap!!!

4 comments:

The Wargames Table said...

Good point Andy. I think he's a prolific "re-poster"... Just check out Tom's Toy Soldiers blog banner! As for TMP... Beware the historical accuracy gestapo! :-D
Cheers
Matt

Stephen said...

Yes, he did the same to me - and only a day or so after I had started a thread on TMP with the very same image with some script and a link to my blog.

Paul Scrivens-Smith said...

Tango is a content stealing prick. Note Tom W-Ds banner.

I also amended my banner to read 'All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.'

You may want to do the same or me more direct like Tom.

roma912 said...

Hi Andy,

Yes, I know of the same and have also asked him to acknowledge his sources to no avail.

Cheers, Ross