Search This Blog

Sunday 22 January 2017

Scarloc's Wood Elf Archers - the first 12 models

It's amazing what a Monday gaming deadline will do to speed up painting!! A 36pt game of Dragon Rampant at the club tomorrow has seen me get these archers done so I can give the Wood Elves their first outing!

These were tricky to paint, but so worth it! Some of my favourite ever Elf models! Note the use of Dark Age Pict and Saxon bucklers to make them look a little more, 'rustic' than those well-armoured and almost 'regular' looking spearmen from a few weeks back.

Anyway, I decided that I'd take a small but well tooled up force tomorrow.
Andy Mac is bringing Skaven - no doubt with loads of 'fearful' missile troops!  I'll be outnumbered...
Well, here's the list and an army group shot after the archer pictures.

Prince and bodyguard (Elite Foot Reduced model unit - Venomous - 9pts)
Guard Infantry (Elite Foot - 6pts)
Spear Guardians (Heavy Foot - 4pts)
Archer Guardians (Light Missiles - Sharpshooter; Invisibility - 9pts)
Guardian of the Glade - Treeman (Greater Warbeast - Cunning 8pts)





8 comments:

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

Fantasti work, once again!
I love your Wood Elves horde!

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

Fantastic work, once again!
I love your Wod Elves horde!

Neil Scott said...

great work on these. Like the idea for the shields

AHunt said...

Wow. Brilliant work. I really love this army. Good luck on the field tomorrow.

Steve said...

Fantastic work, on some great old lead!

Matt said...

Superb, sir! Lovely bit of nostalgia too ;o)

Mouse said...

Dang! Nice painting! The brightly colored shields are a nice touch.

Paul Scrivens-Smith said...

Those old Skarlocks were lovely figures. I have a unit back in storage in the UK that I painted about 25 years ago.