Search This Blog

Sunday 10 February 2013

More Middle Earth Stuff...HILL TROLL!!!!

This is a such a bloody great model!! Despite GW's issues, they do make some lovely stuff and this troll just OOZES character! It'll be a centrepiece of my Fantasy Dux  Evil army. I even painted it just like the GW scheme, simply cos I love the combo of browns....


The painting table currently contains a Saxon standard bearer and a bunch of GW LOTR Orcs... Progress hopefully on all these by next weekend, all being well, although I do have to get my Dux Bellorum bases done, as Salute ain't far away and I haven't even played a game yet!!!!

8 comments:

DeanM said...

Fantastic piece. Wonderful painting and looks great with the backdrop too. Best, Dean

Dalauppror said...

Very nice painting !

Best regards Michael

Matt said...

Very nice Andy. A lovely figure indeed and a great paint job!

After reading James' article in WSS I've been inspired to dig out my LotR collection and see what I can play. Tried a game of Saga with my two last weekend but I'm not sure they really got in to it, but they're keen to play some LotR.

Cheers

Matt

legatus hedlius said...

That's a superb paint job; the nicest troll I have seen!

TWD said...

Hmmm, yes. Dux Bell...
Ditto!
:)
Tom

GuitarheroAndy said...

Thanks gents!

Matt - the LOTR rules are a great way to get kids involved. The basic rules with a handful of figures (not bothering with might, will fate, etc at first) give 'kill 'em all' type games which involve a lot of dice rolling. What's not to like? Once they've grasped the basic mechanics, the rest can be added as and when they are ready.

Willie Anderson said...

great paint job Andy!

Scottswargaming said...

Very nice troll, excellent work. He's certainly a favorite of mine too.